Steps to Take Following a Car Crash in a Rental Car
- Make sure everyone is all right. Call for emergency medical assistance or seek out appropriate medical care if anyone is injured.
- Call the police so that the car accident can be properly documented.
- Exchange information with the other driver, take pictures of the accident scene, and give a statement to the police. Ensure witness information is also obtained. Do not admit fault.
- Call the rental agency to tell them you’ve been involved in an accident and ask for guidance on how to proceed next.
- Also, call your own insurance company and report that you’ve been involved in an accident in a rental car to them as well.
- Also notify the credit card company you used to pay for the rental and inform them.